Thursday, October 1, 2015

Yokomo 834b crazy

If there is one buggy that defines my memories of my youth without me ever having owned it, it would have to be the Yokomo Dogfighter. The 834b was the tour de force to come out of the Yokomo factory back in 1983.

The original version lasted only around one and a half years before the Wonder Dog Fighter came out, with thicker chassis, improved shocks, small bumper (unlike the big bumper of the Dog Fighter that extended to protect the front wheels and tires from impact, dual shocks in the rear as compared with the monoshock at the rear of the original Dog Fighter, extended front arms and reinforced rear arms).

But for me the two versions that I remember the most were the original Dog Fighter with its unusual body shell, the dual monoshocks front and rear, and the RPS version of the Dog Fighter that came out towards the end of the life of the 834b.

It is as a result of this that I have been hunting down an early build 834b. Unfortunately recently a good condition unit popped up, but this was already after I had picked up two other units to combine into one good condition buggy. It sure was an expensive way to make one good Dog Fighter, but such is life.

The two examples you can see that I purchased are effectively one complete but used unit, and one incomplete but perfect condition for the main parts remaining on it (basically everything except for the transmission). In addition to this there was the additional Delta option parts that I acquired with the mint parts buggy. I am not sure yet what I will do with those.













No comments:

Post a Comment