Saturday, August 22, 2015

Associated RC12i obsession

Well, my fixation with this early piece of RC nostalgia has begun to take on a more sinister obsession.

I have been compelled to search out the earlier version with the fixed front suspension and cut outs in the chassis with the smaller rear cut out. As luck would have it from not being able to spot one over the last few months, I was able to find two on eBay this last few weeks. Unfortunately they are both pretty rough examples, but I think if I combine the two I may be able to end up with a half decent example of one of this earliest of examples of the RC12i from 1983. These are the two:













In addition to this another friend from Facebook happened to have a spare IFS car lying around that he wanted to get rid of so I decided to pick that up as well. This example will also be gradually restored over time as it has clearly seen some road time though this will be a relatively easy fix. The spares to redo this car are now being sourced and fingers crossed I should also have a pretty good stock of spares for the 12i soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment