Saturday, August 29, 2015

Tamiya Rough Rider

The Rough Rider was the buggy that started the entire off road revolution.

And it came just a year before I got the radio control car itch. Sadly this meant that the Super Champ was all the rage when I was looking and hence I overlooked the Rough Rider in my quest for the ultimate buggy. But the Rough Rider was really a bit of a bucket list item for me for many years in spite of being second best to the Super Champ.

The example I found was the second version of the original release of the Rough Rider with the grey bumper (my specific car unfortunately had the grey bumper sprayed black though I have a mint in package grey vintage bumper that I will be using). Also the shell itself is in need of a respray, and the driver will be repainted as well (time for me to remember how I painted all my military kits when young). The condition of the car is excellent and does not appear to have ever been used, but appears instead to have been a shelf queen from the day it was cracked open and built.

I am also looking for the RMR stickers whilst I have found repro Bel Ray stickers should I decide to do the blue Bel Ray car in the end. First will be to strip the paint on the shell. Will post up the replay work as and when I get to it.












No comments:

Post a Comment